Friday, September 3

I have arrived!

I'm in Russia! Yes! Arrived today at around 4pm... Took a while to get through baggage reclaim and then hours sitting in rush hour Petersburg traffic, but I finally got to the flat at around 6pm. The host is incredibly nice, the flat is amazing - we each have our own bedrooms and us 3 English students have our own kitchen & bathroom. I couldn't have asked for anything better! Our lovely host Rosa promptly took us to the phone shop to set up mobile internet, which is how I'm managing to update this so soon into my stay. Incredibly, superfast, no-contract, no limits mobile broadband is only the equivalent of £8.45 a month here. Yes, £8.45. Thanks for that, xe.com. Need to get used to converting currency in my head!

Anyway, it's late in Russia now (11.50pm) so I'll leave it at that!

Naomi (a very happy new inhabitant of Санкт-Петербург)

No comments:

Post a Comment